Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day one!

Today was the first day of camp! We started off the day heading out to the van (which is a blessing in itself just the fact that we were able to use the van) and quickly realized that it was dead. Thank God for Andy who had the portible jumper and Jeff who knew how to use it! Never the less we finally got to camp. The day was fantastic! The kids are adorible and sweet and I am so proud of my staff who really shined in different areas of the day.
Even though this is my second summer, my position as an assistant director is new and I am still learning where I belong and what my duties are. I spent most of the morning talking with parents and helping them register their children for camp. Which is new for me, as an intern I didn't have alot of interaction with parents however I am glad that I am able to get to know the families and not just the kids. The majority of the rest of the day was spent between art and bible. I was soooooo impressed by how much information these kids remember from church and from previous years of bible class during camp. And I LOVED getting to sit in on art because I got to actually sit and talk and color with kids, I have found this is going to be my time to get to know the kids on a personal level and I am sooo excited.
I am so blessed to be back in camden and working with the kids and streetleaders here. But I am really thankful for the team that God has placed at my camp and in my house. I am continuing to learn about God, myself, and what all of this really means and I cant wait to see what God has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment