Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Joy

So it is now 12:41 and we have camp tomorrow so I'm going to make this short... I had one of the best days since I have been here. Tonight I went to camp peace which is the camp that I worked at last year. I decided to have a camp night with the kids so I would be able to continue the relationships that I have already started with many of them. We started out with about 3 kids 2 of which I didn't know but before I knew it there where kids everywhere and I was in heaven :) there were tears, laughs, hugs, fights, and lost flip flops all within 2 hours but I wouldn't have it any other way. This is the only place in the world where I can literally see joy on people's faces... The kids of south Camden bring me that kind of joy. So call me crazy, irresponsible, and misguided but I'm holding on to that joy and keep coming back to this place because you just don't let something like that go.

No comments:

Post a Comment