Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First post of the summer!!!!!

Finally made it!!!!! On friday I arrived back in camden for the summer!!!! Things have already started getting crazy, long days full of orientation and training, running around like crazy to get ready for the golf event today and everything for the interns who will arrive on monday. However this weekend we were able to spend our AD retreat in the woods, in a beautiful home getting to know the teams who would be leading the interns this summer. I think the biggest blessing by far has been the team placed here this summer. It is amazing the amount of, love, compassion, prayer, inside jokes, and nicknames that have already formed amoung the group. I find it amazing that God continues to bless me with people who I learn and grow from. I believe God has many purposes for this summer and my prayer is that I can stay out of my own way long enough to hear and see what he is showing me. I have had the honor of being able to use my voice and gifts with music to help lead worship with devotions, and that has been something huge for me. Even though I helped with worship often last summer I am still getting the hang of things and trying to figure things out. At times I struggle with being able to get out of the music and into actual worship and it has been on my heart because I feel that if I am not able to enter into that place then I am holding back the rest or the group from being able to truely worship as well. I have realized that the Holy Spirit works reguardless of if I can see it or feel it. And for that I am sooo grateful.
I know this blog has been all over the place and scattered which I guess makes sense because that is what life is sometimes like as an UrbanPromise intern
more to come later....

No comments:

Post a Comment