Friday, January 28, 2011

Home is where the heart is

Home is where the heart is

I guess in many ways that's true. And I am blessed enough to have many homes, I have a home in Elizabethtown full of people who love me, it holds all my memories from childhood and from high school. I have a home at Messiah where I am learning the skills that I need to one day be an incredible teacher. And I have a home in Camden NJ, where I find my calling which is also my greatest joy. I leave a little bit of my heart in all of these places which at times honestly hurts. I have always struggled with adjusting back into my other homes, even though I love them as well it always feels like part of me is missing. 

One of the things I have learned through this time spent in Camden is that I can make it. When ever I have been in Camden it has always been in groups. However this time I lived there as a room mate, paying rent, buying groceries, initially I worried about being able to hack it on my own, I know I can fit in with 12 other interns but living there on my own was a new adventure. But I loved it, I was able to hang out with my kids, grow and learn from my room mates, and hang out with old friends. 

I am not as sad coming home this time, knowing that while a piece of my heart is still there I will always return. I'm blessed to be given the opprotunity to know these amazing kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment