Saturday, June 9, 2012

One week down

Well I have been back in Camden for almost a week, it's great being back but always a bit of an adjustment. Since I got here my car has been a constant stresser for me. What started as a problem with my car alarm has turned into having to buy a new car, something that was totally not expected and something thats so far outside my budget it makes my stomach churn. If there is one thing I have learned though my time here it's to shut up and listen. Most of the time the small annoying things in life have a bigger purpose or at least I would like to think so. And I have found that if take the time to be patient and really look for the ways that God's working I could usually find them. When my car broke down I was in philly with Chase, who is one of my best friends. After a half hour and frustration we headed back to his house where he reminded me, this could have happened in camden, at night, in a bad part of town, and I could have been alone. I am trying to trust that God's got it all figured out, he has provided for me this far so why should I fret right?

Regardless of the money issues and whatnot, I love being back in the city. Working at Urban has been great, I love getting to see everyone on a daily basis and being able to take even the slightest bit of stress off pam. I know that this summer will come with challenges, working in a new program, with new kids, and balancing two jobs will be exhausting but worth it I'm sure.

The intern program hasnt actually started yet, there are a few that are here before leaving for another program or that are staying for the summer as well but it's kinda lonely. I miss living in an intern house with a group of other college aged kids. Don't get me wrong I love the people (and the air conditioning!!) at the retreat house but there is just a different climate in an intern house. Hopefully I will find out monday if I will be moving!

Thats all for now...im off to find some camp kids and hopefully take them to the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment