Sunday, November 13, 2011

...

I feel as though I have all sorts of questions sturring. Last night as we sat in the living room in downtown Camden we heard gunshots from outside. It's not a first for me but it's never something that will feel normal, or at least I hope not. In that moment I can feel my stomach drop beacuase I know that no matter how much good anyone can do, there will always be gunshots filling the silence. And in that moment it feels hopeless. I know that I am not changing the world, I know that Camden will continue to struggle weather I am there or not but its times like this that are a grim reminder of the things that my camp kids face everyday. Even as I sit here writing this I feel stupid, I know that its normal in camden and that I didnt actually see anything happen but I cant pretend like it dosnt effect me.

Im thankful for a God who knows the desires of my heart, because at this point I don't even know where to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment