Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Meet Tatiana...


I wish that you all were able to meet my camp kids and streetleaders. They are some of the most incredible people I have ever met.This summer I spent teaching HodgePodge to 1-4th grade however I did most of the learning. This is Tatiana, shes a second grader who quickly became one of my favorites at camp :) Tatiana is a sweetheart, she is quiet and soft spoken but shes a beautiful smart little girl. Tatiana just kinda took to me, she was my right hand girl, always close by, which in some ways was unusual because I had a habit of sticking which the boys who were usually misbehaving. Throughout the summer we were together alot, she stayed after camp for bible buddies, and we usually ended up together at the pool...but as the summer came to a close she started acting different. On my last day of camp I was worried about her, she was upset and crying for most of the day only to find out she was upset that I was leaving. The day had come, and I had to say goodbye, Tatiana had spent all day glued to my hip but it didn't make saying goodbye any easier. When I got home a friend that worked at my camp sent me this picture, which apparently sums up Tatiana last day at camp after I left
I just saw Tatiana again this weekend, I wanted to get her something for Christmas and was so excited to get to see her again. She came in with a gift for me as well which I didn't expect but soo sweet.
As I look over this post I know it's scattered and random but I guess as I look back at my summer with her I just feel blessed. Blessed to know this little girl who is so full of love and who's willing to share it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment