Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hope

Hope: the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best
I have hope for this city, I have hope for these kids, and I am lucky enough to have hope as my sister
But this summer I also have the privilege of working at camp hope! On june 17th I will leave for my summer in camden, this year I will be an assistant director at a new camp with new kids, staff and director! As I think about my previous summer sometimes I cant help but think that the kind of community and friendships that were present can never be recreated. And although I know that this summer is going to be full of new opportunities and challenges I also know that God never ceases to amaze me and I have faith that there is something HUGE in store for this summer. Over the last year I have seen heart ache, and hurting people but I have also seen God move and work in ways that I never expected. I am excited for the chance to spend another summer in Camden, and to be able to share this experience with my sister. I am so thankful for the things that God has shown me and I have high hopes for this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment